Friday, June 8, 2007

This week's Secret Theme round

In another rare instance of repeating a round, I used the same Secret Theme round this week at both venues. My original Frank's round had a similar level of questions but a harder theme to figure out, and after a horrible Speed round for almost everyone I figured I should let most people get the extra 8 points else the crowd begin to turn on me. I read about unhappy boisterous wine-drinkers going ugly really quickly in the Bible, with rather negative results for the protagonist, and thus work toward pleasing a crowd whenever possible.

The Speed round at Frank's this week, incidentally, was to name any 10 of the 15 stars who made cameos in The Muppet Movie (1979), which I thought was a widely beloved and viewed classic. I erred...

Answers to these and the theme linking the 10 will be posted in a few days. There are 3 comic book-related questions, but that's not the theme.

1) On what cable network will you find Bad Girls Club and The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency?
2) What Nirvana song begins with the line "I'm so happy, 'cause today I found my friends"?
3) What TV show is hosted by Takeshi Kaga?
4) On what planet was Superman born?
5) What car company makes the Milan and the Mountaineer?
6) Who was the Roman goddess of the dawn?
7) Name the Swedish chemist who invented dynamite.
8) What comic book character eventually landed his own comic, but debuted in 1962 in Journey Into Mystery? He was created by Stan Lee to be equally strong as the Incredible Hulk.
9) What comic book character had origins as an astronomer named Norrin Radd on the planet Zenn-La? Hint: The character has been all over TV lately.
10) What classic 1944 film starred Cary Grant as Mortimer Brewster?

... and what theme links the 10 answers?

No comments: