As always, answer the two sets of 10 questions, then try and figure out what the themes are to each bar's round of 10 answers. Naturally you can work your way back to individual answers to questions if you figure out either theme. Answers will be posted in a few days; I was a bit slow to do that this week owing to illness. I feel much better now, thank you.
1) What 1998 film is a remake of Wings of Desire?
2) What 1997 Johnny Depp-directed film was not released in the US owing to poor response from American critics at Cannes?
3) Amur and Sumatran are sub-species of what mammal?
4) What were known as Cadet Scouts in Singapore until 1995, when the country started calling them the common name used in other countries?
5) What famous Italian priest claimed to bear stigmata for 50 years until his death in 1968?
6) From what famous poem are these lines: As idle as a painted ship / Upon a painted ocean ?
7) What 1981 film starred Warren Beatty as John Reed?
8) What's the name of the student-run newspaper at the University of Maryland?
9) What Beatles song begins with the line "There's a fog upon L.A."?
10) What 2005 Oscar-nominated film had the working title Unchain My Heart?
... and what was the theme?
1) What NBA team began playing home court games at the Brendan Byrne Arena in 1981?
2) Which planet in our solar system has the hottest surface temperature?
3) What classic Brit-com featured jokes about "Mrs. Slocumb's pussy?"
4) For what film did Judi Dench win the Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1998?
5) Which amendment to the US Constitution bars voting discrimination based upon race, color or previous condition of servitude?
6) Name the actress who played Alice the maid on The Brady Bunch.
7) What 1988 ABC TV drama won the Emmy for Best Prime Time Drama (it won only this one year)?
8) What celebrity gave a very candid interview to Vanity Fair in 1992 which caused an uproar over her fitness to be a mother?
9) What 1979 football movie starred Nick Nolte and Charles Durning?
10) According to Article I of the US Constitution, how old must you be to hold a seat in the Senate?
... and what's the theme of the 10 answers?