The theme from Ray's last week was Major League Baseball teams.
1) What 1998 film is a remake of Wings of Desire? City of Angels
2) What 1997 Johnny Depp-directed film was not released in the US owing to poor response from American critics at Cannes? The Brave
3) Amur and Sumatran are sub-species of what mammal? Tigers
4) What were known as Cadet Scouts in Singapore until 1995, when the country started calling them the common name used in other countries? Cub Scouts
5) What famous Italian priest claimed to bear stigmata for 50 years until his death in 1968? Padre Pio
6) From what famous poem are these lines: As Idle as a painted ship / Upon a painted ocean ? "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
7) What 1981 film starred Warren Beatty as John Reed? Reds
8) What's the name of the student-run newspaper at the University of Maryland? The Diamondback
9) What Beatles song begins with the line "There's a fog upon L.A."? "Blue Jay Way"
10) What 2005 Oscar-nominated film had the working title Unchain My Heart? Ray
The theme was tennis.
1) What NBA team began playing home court games at the Brendan Byrne Arena in 1981? New Jersey Nets
2) Which planet in our solar system has the hottest surface temperature? Venus
3) What classic Brit-com featured jokes about "Mrs. Slocumb's pussy?" Are You Being Served?
4) For what film did Judi Dench win the Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1998? Shakespeare in Love
5) Which amendment to the US Constitution bars voting discrimination based upon race, color or previous condition of servitude? 15th Amendment
6) Name the actress who played Alice the maid on The Brady Bunch. Ann B. Davis
7) What 1988 ABC TV drama won the Emmy for Best Prime Time Drama (it won only this one year)? thirtysomething
8) What celebrity gave a very candid interview to Vanity Fair in 1992 which caused an uproar over her fitness to be a mother? Courtney Love
9) What 1979 football movie starred Nick Nolte and Charles Durning? North Dallas Forty
10) According to Article I of the US Constitution, how old must you be to hold a seat in the Senate? 30
Note that the numbers are those of tennis' unique scoring system.