The theme was units of measure.
1) Who won the 1962 Oscar for Best Actor for his role in To Kill a Mockingbird? Gregory Peck / peck
2) What band featured Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page serially as lead guitarists? The Yardbirds / yard
3) What 2002 movie won the Oscar for Best Original Song for "Lose Yourself"? The movie was set in Detroit in 1995. 8 Mile / mile
4) What song won the Grammy Award for the year's best single for 1968? It went to #2 on the US pop charts in January 1968 and was eventually inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. "Chain of Fools" / chain
5) What child actor (now a well regarded adult actor) played the lead in Steven Spielberg's movie Empire of the Sun? Christian Bale / bale
6) Tom Selleck turned down the role of Indiana Jones because of a TV commitment. What show was he working on? Magnum P.I. / magnum
7) Actor C. Thomas Howell played what role in the early '80s movie The Outsiders? Pony Boy / pony
8) Who played John Connor in the 1991 movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day? Edward Furlong / furlong
9) What actress had major roles in Irreconcilable Differences, Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold and Total Recall? Sharon Stone / stone
10) For what 1989 film did Daniel Day-Lewis win the Oscar for Best Actor? My Left Foot / foot
... and what theme links the ten answers?
Ray's Happy Birthday Bar
Event called off owing to ice storm.
The theme was humor periodicals.
1) What '90s sit-com told the story of Paul and Jamie Buchman? Mad About You / Mad
2) What Agatha Christie mystery is said by some to be based in the demise of starlet Gene Tierney? The Mirror Crack'd / Cracked
3) What 1985 movie was advertised with the tagline "For over 2,000 years, Europe has survived many great disasters. Now for the real test..."? National Lampoon's European Vacation / National Lampoon
4) What 2002 movie featured Adam Sandler as Barry Egan? Punch Drunk Love / Punch
5) What Beatles song from their 1968 double LP The Beatles (a.k.a. "The White Album") makes lyrical reference to six other Beatles songs that had been released previously? "Glass Onion" / The Onion
6) What 2001 movie starred Kirsten Dunst and Jon Hernandez? Crazy/Beautiful / Crazy
7) What New York hardcore punk band was founded in Queens in 1984 by brothers Lou and Pete Koller? Sick of It All / Sick
8) What 1981 Hall & Oates album featured 3 Top Ten songs, including two #1 hits, one of which was also the title of the album? "Private Eyes" / Private Eye
9) What Latin abbreviation, the full phrase of which translates as "one may see", is usually read aloud in English as "namely" or "to wit"? viz. / Viz
10) Maricopa County is one of the most populous counties in the United States. What is its largest city? Phoenix / The Phoenix