Ray's Happy Birthday Bar:
The theme was hockey terms.
1) What ridiculous Scientology "process", usually consisting of pointing at or touching someone in pain or distress, supposedly helps the victim? The "assist"
2) What Shakespeare character is also known as Robin Goodfellow? Puck
3) What 1995-96 Brit-com, shown more recently in the US on PBS, featured Rowan Atkinson as a cop? The Thin Blue Line
4) What 2006 gymnastics movie from the people who brought us the Bring It On! series of cheerleading movies features Jeff Bridges and a cast of relative unknowns? Stick It
5) What fictional substance did Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. create for "Cat's Cradle"? Ice-9
6) What successful company, established in Los Gatos, California in 1997, reportedly has an annual postage bill of $300 million? Netflix
7) What influential Jewish-American newspaper has been published in New York since 1897, originally in Yiddish but now primarily in English? The Forward
8) Name the park laid out by William Penn in his plan for Philadelphia where City Hall now stands. Centre Square
9) What early American auto manufacturer produced a model called the Rocket, which set the world land speed record in 1906 (127.7 mph!)? Stanley
10) What 1997 big-budget Hollywood film was directed by John Woo? Face/Off
... and what theme links the 10 answers?
The theme was green.
1) What French liqueur, distilled with over 130 herbal extractions, has been produced by the Carthusian monks of the town of Voiron since 1605? Chartreuse
2) What 19th century actor, arguably the most famous American actor of the century, hailed from Philadelphia? Edwin Forrest / Forest green
3) What 2003 film featured Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom? Ned Kelly / Kelly green
4) What do we better know calcium oxide as? lime (also accepted quicklime or burnt lime)
5) What's the nickname of the F/A-18 fighter jet? Hornet / Green Hornet
6) What's Pat Buchanan's similarly conservative sister's name? Bey / Green Bay
7) Saturday Night Live writer Walter Williams created a wildly popular character which appeared on the show over 20 times 1978-1980; name the character. Mr Bill / Former Philadelphia Mayor Bill Green
8) What Fox Network show, on air 1994-2000, followed the story of the Salinger family? Party of Five / Green Party
9) In the US we live in a "state", in Canada in a "province." What is one called in Germany? Land / Greenland
10) What world-famous rock band released their first single in 1981 on a label called Hib-Tone? That label never released another record. R.E.M., who released the album Green