Surrender to the popular will of righteously harmonious quizzing or be trampled underfoot like a running dog imperialist's lackey! Here are some of the toughest or most interesting questions from the two quizzes I ran this past week, plus the whole Secret Theme Round from Frank's. I'll post the answers in a few days.
1) What New York rap duo was a one-hit wonder with their 1990 hit "Turtle Power!," from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack?
2) Not counting D'Artagnan, name the Three Musketeers.
3) According to the Recording Industry Association of America, what's the best-selling album of all time in the US?
4) In the zoological hierarchy, what comes between Phylum and Order?
5) In what California city were both the McDonald's chain and Hell's Angels founded?
6) What was the only US Top 40 single for the Jimi Hendrix Experience?
Secret Theme Round from Frank's
1) In the sci-fi cult classic Logan's Run, at what age are people put to death in the future?
2) What was the original name of the city of Toronto?
3) The largest National Forest east of the Mississippi is in Pennsylvania. Name it.
4) What sappy children's story about a poor girl was first published in 1765 and is generally credited to Oliver Goldsmith?
5) How many players play defense on a cricket team?
6) Who wrote "Of Human Bondage?"
7) How many rods are in a furlong?
8) Which amendment to the US Constitution forbids excessive bail, excessive fines and cruel and unusual punishment?
9) What's the capital of Barbados?
10) What famous anthropologist wrote Coming of Age in Samoa?
... and what's the link to those 10 answers?