Monday, April 16, 2007

Finn McCool's unceremoniously pulls the plug


SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOING HOME...

... on less than 30 hours' notice. Thanks a lot, guys. Thanks for nothin'. Don't let me know before I send out an email, post things online or write the damn quiz. It's best to wait until the last minute, right? I mean, it's only my labor, right? There will be no quiz at Finn McCool's, neither this Tuesday nor evermore. The good news is that I'm already talking with a bar in South Philly (basically Bella Vista) about replacing FM's as soon as tomorrow night.

The bar never did a damn thing on their end to promote the quiz, I had to call and badger them even to get the event on their own sandwich chalkboard outside on the sidewalk. They never advertised having the quiz. I'd put a sign up in the day, they'd take it down by evening. I came to them with a proposal to get the Fergie's cast-aways, they pussyfooted around but ultimately did nothing. I'd come in with fliers for the regulars, they wouldn't give them out. The last few weeks I was also the sole prize provider, which obviously does nothing to draw a crowd. That leaves us with the "regulars," not that there are many there on a Tuesday, who approached the possibility of winning free booze via answering trivia questions the way a person might approach a free offer of alien anal probing. Not a bright group, really, but at least polite for the most part.

These guys couldn't even talk with me directly, they had the bartender give me a ring. Nice touch.

I'll let people know ASAP what the status of the Tuesday night quiz is via this site and email. Thanks for your continued patience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finn McDouche. That place sucked anyway. Big deal--you win some and lose some. F'em.

Anonymous said...

Screw 'em. A Coke there is $2.