Ray's Happy Birthday Bar:
The theme was US states.
1) What classic rock band released the album Leftoverture in 1976? It went platinum four times over. Kansas
2) What did the US buy for $23,213,568 in 1803? Louisiana Purchase
3) What ship exploded and sank in Havana's harbor in 1898? U.S.S. Maine
4) Chicago's Magnificent Mile is on what thoroughfare? Michigan Avenue
5) The San Francisco 49ers retired the number 16; whose was it? Joe Montana's
6) What musical features the songs "Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'" and "Pore Jud Is Daid"? Oklahoma!
7) Who played Tom Cruise's daughter in the 2006 remake of War of the Worlds? Dakota Fanning
8) What 1988 movie starred Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe as FBI agents? Mississippi Burning
9) Who wrote the book-length essay "A Room of One's Own", published in 1929? Virginia Woolf
10) Upon what body of water will you find Cincinnati, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky? Ohio River
The theme was state nicknames.
1) What 1989 movie took place at Truvy's Beauty Parlor? Steel Magnolias (Mississippi)
2) What 1948 movie featured Humphrey Bogart as a character identified only as Dobbs? Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Montana)
3) What team did the Winnipeg Jets become in 1996? Phoenix Coyotes (South Dakota)
4) What element has atomic number 47 and the symbol Ag? Silver (Nevada)
5) In the 1984 movie Red Dawn, what is the name of the resistance group formed by Colorado teenagers? Wolverines (Michigan)
6) What do the letters CBGB stand for (as in the legendary Manhattan music venue)? Country Blue Grass Blues (Kentucky)
7) What 1975 movie featured George Burns and Walter Matthau as reuniting vaudevillians? The Sunshine Boys (Florida)
8) What 1994 movie tells the story of characters Mickey & Mallory Knox? Natural Born Killers (Arkansas)
9) About what music act is the 2006 documentary Shut Up and Sing? Dixie Chicks (Alabama)
10) What's the three-word motto of the French Republic? Liberty, Equality, Fraternity (Wyoming)