The theme was elements.
1) What won Employee of the Month instead of Homer Simpson even though he was the last remaining employee at the nuke plant who hadn't won? An inanimate carbon rod
2) From a different Simpsons episode, fill in the quote: "You said you wanted to live in a world without _____ , Jimmy. Well now your car has no battery. ..." zinc
3) What's the phrase in English for China's primary food production region? Iron Rice Bowl
4) Britain's Eagle Comics produces Judge Dredd, as well as a few other titles, including a comic about a mutant anti-hero named Johnny Alpha; name it. Strontium Dog
5) What Republican lost to Lyndon Johnson in the 1964 presidential election? Barry Goldwater
6) According to Borat, Kazakhstan is "number one exporter" of what? potassium
7) In what movie classic do two old ladies assert that almost everyone else is "pixelated"? Arsenic and Old Lace
8) What classic rock band was briefly billed as The New Yardbirds? Led Zeppelin
9) On internet chat boards, what phrase is commonly used to indicate cranks or conspiracy theorists, often indicated with smileys such as <(:-) ? tinfoil hat
10) What groundbreaking 66-satellite network allows subscribers to make and receive calls on a cell phone from anywhere in the world? Iridium
The theme was fashion magazines.
1) What was developed by Wallace Carothers at DuPont in 1935? Nylon
2) French brothers Auguste and Louis were groundbreaking motion picture entrepreneurs who started public shows in 1895; what was their surname? Lumiere
3) According to the 1969 Peter Sarstedt hit "Where Do You Go to My Lovely" (featured heavily in The Darjeeling Limited), what's the name of the woman being addressed in the lyric? Marie Claire
4) What 1988 crime film starred Sean Penn and Robert Duvall? Colors
5) What Sicilian-American, who died in 1962, is considered the father of modern American organized crime? Lucky Luciano / Lucky
6) What model was born Eleanor Nancy Gow? Elle Macpherson
7) What famous TV character claimed his personal heroes were Mickey Mantle and Bette Midler? Comso Kramer
8) According to Peter Gibbons, what did the Nazis have that they made Jews wear? "pieces of flare" / Flair
9) In what 1973 film did Jack Nicholson play a character nicknamed Bad Ass? The Last Detail / Details
10) What Madonna hit contains the lyric "Go inside, for your finest inspiration"? "Vogue"