The theme was John Steinbeck books.
1) Which conquistador defeated the Aztecs in 1521? Hernan Cortez / Sea of Cortez
2) What comedienne, famous for decades on stage and on TV, was born Sarah Ophelia Colley Cannon? Minnie Pearl / The Pearl
3) What famous rock club is in Asbury Park, NJ? The Stone Pony / The Red Pony
4) What, specifically, does Mr. Jinks hate? "mieces to pieces" / Of Mice and Men
5) Whose first film, in 1914, was Making a Living? Charlie Chaplin / Travels with Charly
6) Who played Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie? Barbara Eden / East of Eden
7) What 2000 film, co-written by Billy Bob Thornton, starred Cate Blanchett, Keanu Reeves, Katie Holmes, Greg Kinnear and Hilary Swank? The Gift / The Gift
8) Poet Julia Ward Howe is best remembered for rewriting the lyric to a song; name the song. "Battle Hymn of the Republic", which includes the lyric "grapes of wrath"
9) You might be surprised to learn that in Spain and South America, this Spanish word means omelette, and not what we're accustomed to it meaning. Name the word. tortilla / Tortilla Flat
10) In MacBeth, the only line of consequence of Fleance, son of Banquo, comes in Act II, Scene I. Give me the first four words of that line. "The moon is down..." / The Moon Is Down
The theme was Sesame Street characters.
1) What NBA star, hailing from Alabama, was league MVP in 1993? Charles Barkley / Barkley
2) Who was the only Democrat elected to the presidency in the period 1860-1912? Grover Cleveland / Grover
3) What 1991 Sylvester Stallone movie was a remake of a 1967 movie? Oscar / Oscar the Grouch
4) What famous opera singer currently serves as the General Director of both the Los Angeles Opera and Washington National Opera? Placido Domingo / Placido Flamingo
5) What famous American was accused of "court packing" in 1937? Franklin D. Roosevelt / Roosevelt Franklin
6) What poison was Socrates sentenced to drink? hemlock / Sherlock Hemlock
7) What huge corporation was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin? Google / Googel
8) Who created the comic strip Nancy? Ernie Bushmiller / Ernie
9) In what 1985 movie did Rob Lowe play a character named Billy Hicks? St. Elmo's Fire / Elmo
10) What band had their only national hit, a Top Ten single, in 1966 with "Psychotic Reaction"? The Count Five / Count von Count