Friday, June 13, 2008

Next week's quiz schedule

As you might know, since these placeholder photos were pretty random to begin with, I've just been tossing weird travel pics in these updates. Here's a curbside metalhead supply piercing sign I spotted in Guatemala City's Zona 1. That's one of the joys of the Third World - the outdoor tattooing, piercing and dentistry. Maybe next week I'll post the photo I took of the guys sitting on a curb in Bangkok, getting tattooed... It's also always a hoot to come across a little pocket of Slayer fan kids surrounded by reggaeton.

Sunday, June 15, 9pm
Lyon's Den
2nd & Christian Sts.
Subject Round: "IT'S PAT!"

Monday, June 16, 9pm
Ray's Happy Birthday Bar

1200 E. Passyunk Ave.

(near 9th & Federal Sts.)
Subject Round: SPORTS IN MOVIES


Tuesday, June 17, 9pm

Drinker's Tavern

Market St. between Front & 2nd Sts.

Subject Round: COMEDY FILMS
First week of six-week tournament cycle.
I don't yet have confirmation of what the tourney prize will be; likely either a leather golf bag or a surfboard. When I get word, which should be soon, I'll post it. The weekly prizes are independent of this and you can win these any single week based on that week's score, just like any other quiz. I supplement the tourney prize with some admittedly hokey trivia-related books and games. Congratulations to Dons Quizzote who won the most recent tournament going away just last week! They won a Tuaca Chiller machine which retails at over $300, on top of the gift cards each week.

Wednesday, June 18, 9pm

Dirty Frank's 13th & Pine Sts.

THERE IS NO MORE QUIZ
No longer any point in going as best as I can see. Consider my other three quizzes and/or one of the other fine Wednesday night venues in the city if you can't make those.
Digg!Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: