The theme was -towns.
1) What Manchester-based British band has been together since with some success since 1981, but is largely only known in the US for their 1993 hit "Laid"? James / Jamestown
2) What sometimes controversial comic strip has been written and drawn by Tom Batiuk since 1972? Funky Winkerbean / "Funkytown"
3) What very famous British author was great friends with magician Harry Houdini until the two had a falling out in the 1920s over the validity of psychic phenomena? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle / Doylestown
4) What founding member of The Rolling Stones played guitar, sitar, dulcimer, autoharp, recorder, organ and numerous other instruments on most of their 1960s output? Brian Jones / Jonestown
5) Name the 1987 movie in which you find this line: "One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach... all the damn vampires." The Lost Boys / Boys Town
6) What rocky headland on the Atlantic coast of South Africa is the point at which sailors literally and psychologically hit a turning point when sailing around Africa? Cape of Good Hope / Cape Town
7) What 1982 Van Halen album features original songs as well as covers of Roy Orbison, Martha & the Vandellas and The Kinks? Diver Down / downtown
8) What's the world's fourth-largest country in land area? China / Chinatown
9) What NFL Hall of Fame player was inducted in 2000, drafted in the first round of the 1982 draft, and was the first player to rush for over 10,000 yards while gaining over 5,000 receiving yards? Marcus Allen / Allentown
10) What is the nickname of the University of Pennsylvania's sports teams? Quakers / Quakertown
Ray's Happy Birthday Bar:
The theme was Fords.
1) On Seinfeld, the character Sue Ellen Mischke (the "braless wonder") was said to be the heiress to what fortune? The Oh Henry! candy bar / Henry Ford
2) By what name is guitarist David Howell Evans better known? The Edge / Ford Edge
3) What current MLB franchise was the Washington Senators, 1961-71? Texas Rangers / Ford Ranger
4) In British and Commonwealth schools, what single word can be used to mean "head boy" or "head girl"? prefect / Ford Prefect
5) What did University of Utah researchers Dr. Martin Flieschmann and Dr. Stanley Pons create a huge scientific stir over supposedly witnessing for a short period in 1989? Cold fusion / Ford Fusion
6) What influential American Evangelical group was founded by James Dobson in 1977? Focus on the Family / Ford Focus
7) What 1981 sci-fi action flick starred a character named Snake Plissken? Escape from New York / Ford Escape
8) Specifically what mammals were declared by an Act of Congress in 1971 to be "living symbols of the history and pioneer spirit of the West"? mustangs / Ford Mustang
9) What NFL franchise was founded as the Portsmouth (Ohio) Spartans in 1929? Detroit Lions / ... who play at Ford Field
10) Which of the four New Testament gospels is not considered "synoptic", but rather intended to evangelize to Greek-reading Jews? John / John Ford