Each group of 10 otherwise unrelated tough questions has a theme running through its answers. Can you answer the questions and figure out the themes? Answers will be posted early next week.
Ray's Happy Birthday Bar:
1) What 1956 bestseller by Grace Metalious shocked many American sensibilities?
2) What world leader survived a 1957 assassination attempt aboard a private jet, the Kashmir Princess?
3) What spree killer inspired the Bruce Springsteen song "Nebraska", as well as a number of movies, including Natural Born Killers and Badlands?
4) What movie won 11 Academy Awards in 1959?
5) What Nazi war criminal was captured by the Mossad in Argentina in 1961?
6) In 1983 America put its first woman in space, what's her name?
7) "Colonel Reb" is the mascot of what university's sports teams?
8) What 20th century US president switched major party affiliation only 17 years before getting elected president as a member of the second party?
9) What boxer knocked out Floyd Patterson in 1962 to become world heavyweight champion?
10) What American company started as a mining wagon manufacturer in 1852, started producing cars in 1902, and eventually went out of the auto business in 1966?
... and what theme links the 10 answers?
1) What classic work of erotica by Cheikh Hefzaoui was first translated into English in 1886 by Sir Richard Burton?
2) What's the only Ivy League university founded by Baptists? It was founded in 1764 and is the seventh oldest university in the US.
3) What's the only movie Rob Reiner directed in 2007?
4) What event did sportscaster Keith Jackson call "The Grandaddy of Them All"?
5) What 1992 movie featured Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Anthony Hopkins and Dan Akroyd?
6) At what event on June 9, 1954 did Joseph Welch speak the famous quotation "Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. ... You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you no sense of decency?"
7) What popular brand of liquor was founded in 1875 and owned by the Brown-Forman Company since 1957?
8) What 20th century president had a wife die while in office, and also remarried while in office?
9) What 1975 dance craze got a huge boost by a song of the same title by Van McCoy & the Soul City Symphony?
10) What is NFL coach Bill Parcell's nickname?
... and what theme links the ten answers?