Happy New Year to you and yours. I thought for fun I'd post some of my favorite interesting and/or tough questions from the previous year. No theme here, just some good straight ahead trivia fun. Answers will be posted next week.
1) From what 1946 B-movie did the punk band The Misfits take their logo?
2) On Diff'rent Strokes, what was the name of Arnold Drummond's goldfish?
3) What band had a #15 hit on the US pop charts with "The Curly Shuffle" in 1983?
4) In what California city was the sit-com Three's Company set?
5) The first intercollegiate American football game is said to have been held in 1869. What two schools played it?
6) Who are Hugin and Munin?
7) What performer set a world record in 1994 with over 3.5 million attendees at a free concert in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil?
8) If you rearranged the Periodic Table of the Elements alphabetically, which one would be first?
9) Which US state has the nickname the Nutmeg State?
10) What sappy children's story about a poor girl was published in 1765 and is believed to have been written by Oliver Goldsmith?
11) What Hall of Fame is located in Sarasota, Florida?
12) What was the name of the vampire in the 1922 German Expressionist film Nosferatu?
13) Nosferatu means "undead"... in what language?
14) What famous movie scene was shot at the bar of the Hotel Sidi Driss in Matmata, Tunisia?
15) Name the two major islands which comprise New Zealand.
16) In 1985, Mike Schmidt moved from his usual third base position to first base. What Phillie took his place at third?
17) What 1982-83 sit-com set in high school starred a young Sarah Jessica Parker?
18) In 1930 a nurse named Ellen Church became the first person ever to hold this job; since then hundreds of thousands of people have done this for a living. What is it?
19) What famous building has the address 405 Lexington Avenue in Manhattan?
20) What's the ethnic background of Cheech Marin (of Cheech & Chong)?
21) In which US state will you find the University of Rio Grande?
22) What's the unit of currency in Honduras?
23) What American corporation routinely files for the most US patents each year, usually doubling the total of its closest competitor in that category?
24) What first name was Richard Nixon's wife Pat born with?
25) What's Ozzy Osbourne's actual first name?