Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Unborn Baby of Tower One

As if everything else connected to 9/11 weren't bad enough, WFMU's Beware of the Blog has posted a series of awful 9/11-inspired maudlin tunes in mp3 format that people hoped to cash in on in the wake of the initial disaster. These were available for download a few years back on mp3.com, and are now presented as part of the second 365 Days Project, of which I'm a huge fan as a strange/"outsider" music guy.

The "best"/worst by far would be "Unborn Baby of Tower One," an 8-minute-plus opus on the plight of the fetal victims of international Islamic terror. Was anybody sitting around thinking, "Hey, I was OK with Osama bin Laden... until I realized that he terminated a pregnancy or two! That bastard!"

I had a radically different experience than most on 9/11/01, when I was living in the Arabian Gulf. If anyone's interested let me know & if I have the time I'll type out a description of what that was like.

1 comment:

Chris Randolph said...

OK, I suppose no one wants to know...