Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This week's quiz schedule

With the baseball playoffs ended we're back to a pretty normal quiz schedule.

I'm moving out of my place in two weeks after 11 years, 3 months. Currently I'm in the throes of packing for Hell Move '09, therefore it looks like I'll be dipping into the quiz archive at the couple of venues I don't have people who've been playing my games for the past couple of years and might recall rounds. Thus I'm not yet sure what tonight's Subject Round is, but I assure you it'll be quiztacular.

The next two weeks the book prizes will get better as well as I dip into my book doubles and things that were too cool to toss but which I'm not motivated to haul to the new place.

The Institute quiz was pretty much a turnout disaster and we parted ways amicably. There's not much point in paying me to expand your clientele from 3 people to 7 people, or just replacing 4 people who'd rather leave than hear (let alone answer) trivia questions with 4 people who came to answer trivia questions. Part of the problem with trying to get a quiz off the ground at a new venue is that an established clientele that wants to drink and stare forward blankly on a weeknight tends to be composed of people with antipathy toward doin' stuff in general and thinkin' 'bout stuff specifically, thus the seed of a new quiz seems to require bringing people into a place they hadn't previously considered drinking at... probably because the usual clientele stares forward blankly while drinking. Getting new people up to 12th & Green in the dark was beyond my capacity.

Tuesday, November 10, 9:00pm
El Camino Real
1040 N. 2nd St.
(2nd St. below Girard Ave.)
Subject Round: TBA

Wednesday, November 11, 7:00pm
12 Steps Down
9th & Christian Sts.
Subject Round: WORLD WAR I (in which the Kaiser gets rolled)

Thursday, October 1, 9:00pm
The Draught Horse
Broad St. & Cecil B. Moore Ave.
(Temple University campus)
Subject Round: WORLD WAR II: THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL

Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: